Wednesday, March 20, 2013

bright lights, big city




top: riffraff $26
skirt: riffraff $16
shoes: charming charlie $15
purse: alice & olivia via tj maxx $40
necklace: riffraff $26
shades: target $17

 Besides the obvi- I need a tan, desperately- I'm loving these bright colors for spring. Last week I shared my lighter pastels (if you missed it, check it out here), but this week I thought I'd bring out the brights from my closet. One thing you can't tell from the pictures is that this top is the open back style. It has a slit in the back, so as you bend over, so does the shirt (gotta remember to be careful with this style). The skirt is actually a pencil skirt, but I decided to keep the shirt untucked.

Thoughts??? Too bright? Should the shirt be tucked in or left out?

**Thanks to Chris, who's visiting, for the great photography**
 
 
post signature
STYLELIXIR Style Sessions
pleated poppy
 

Crazy Perfect Life

20 comments:

  1. Love the color combination, you look lovely
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shirt left untucked. This outfit looks great, all of the different colors really come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combinations. You look great!
    http://thegrassskirtblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun look. I love the bright colors! xolili

    www.satinandscotch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look exactly how it is! You look fab!

    xo, Jessica
    xolovelovelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not too bright at all! I love this look, and you look great! Don't worry we all need some sunned skin ;)
    Found you via Shanna and following!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love the outfit and riffraff!! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look super cute! I love the bright colors and am jealous of what looks like nice temps.
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. NEVER too bright!! I love this!! Love those sunnies too- Im in the market for new aviators...I need to check my target for those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely!
    I want those two colors!
    need to get on that immediately!
    :)

    www.roothless-xo.blogspot.com
    come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit especially the necklace. It's fun!

    Oh hi Lovely, I'm your newest follower from Link up party. Followed you via Bloglovin & GFC too. Not sure of this GFC is going away with google reader but I still follow others via GFC.

    Please visit & follow me @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    Love
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG girl I lovee this outfit!! You look gorg!! Posting the sponsor spotlight this Friday :-) XOX!!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the top, bag and necklace :) So cheery...I can wait to get my tan on!

    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a vibrant look! Perfect for welcoming in Spring weather!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adore all the colors here! You look so ready for spring. Love that bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three things -
    1. You must have been freezing during this photo shoot, because it has definitely not been warm enough to sport these clothes (oh spring, where are you?)
    2. Where's my shout-out when I'm the photographer???
    3. Love that outfit! It's gotten me thinking that we need a girls beach trip....just sayin'

    Lenae

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute look!! <3

    www.passport-to-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete