Thursday, January 24, 2013

Family DIY Furniture

Take a look at this beaut!
Who has the best dad and boyfriend in the whole world??? This girl does!
Thanks to the two most awesome guys, and a little help from me, we built this console table in the span of less than a weekend. We took the picture below (my cousin's table for sale at about $300) as inspiration and direction and built this bad boy for right at $100. I consider that a win!
Featured below are my other two family DIY furniture pieces.
First up is my magazine rack my lovely little sister made. She got this rack on the cheap and painted it grey, adding yellow modge-podged scrapbook paper on the sides. It's perfect right next to my front door. I throw my bills, papers, books, etc. in it as I walk in or out. Love it!
Next up is my wooden tray. Chris's grandparents made this for me last Christmas. It was the sweetest gift ever! I have no idea how to make this, so please don't ask haha. However, I was thoroughly impressed with how they curved the wood pieces into that perfect oval. I throw the large items into the magazine rack and throw the smaller items--keys, pens, headphones--into the tray.
Anyone else have amazing family members that would do anything for you?
Any DIY furniture you've done lately?
xoxo Jaime

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What awesome furniture :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It's no awesome shoe rack, but I like it ;)

      Delete
  2. WHOA! What a deal! They did a great job......it looks just like the original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The piece looks as smart and elegant as advertised. Wonderfully crisp and always interesting!

    Modern Furniture Online

    ReplyDelete