Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Laugh at My Expense

As many of you know, yesterday was my first day of work at my new job. <--insert applause here.

I thought I'd fill you in on the highs and lows of my first day.

Highs include, but are not limited to:


1.  The people I work with are pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong, I've had some bomb.com co-workers in the past and love them all dearly; however, God has blessed me with some kindred souls at this job. Sometimes when I talk/listen to them it's like talking to another version of myself.

2. Although I don't have a WIWW outfit post for you up today, I promise there will be tons to come because I get to work all day long with beautiful clothing. Seriously, every girl's dream come true.













3. I made a few sales yesterday and for those of you in sales, you can attest to the "high" that you get from closing that deal. It's exhilarating!


Lows include:


1. My feet are killing me. I complained about having to sit at a desk all day long at my old job, and now I'm on my feet all day long and wishing I had a chair. The grass isn't always greener. The feet will just have to get used to standing, and I will need to invest in better shoes but I would gladly trade this pain for the joy of the job itself.

2. This is the story that created the title of this post. Sorry if it is a little too explicit. Basically, toward the end of the day, I had to use the bathroom. I hadn't used the bathroom all day long and had to go-go, if you know what I mean. So, without further ado, I go into the bathroom (the only one in the store) and do the deed. Afterwards, I realize the toilet isn't flushing. It wasn't clogged, there was simply no water running. 
I go out and tell the manager of that store and he says "oh, well I will go in and check it, it's okay, we are all family here." Immediately, I'm like "NO!"--but in a totally chill, non-challant kind of way. If this weren't embarrassing enough on my first day of work, I then go back into the bathroom to try to mess with the toilet to fix it. I pull the lid off the back and a whole cup of toilet water spills down onto my dress. 
Walking back out, in shame, I tell him I don't know what to do to fix it and that he needs to walk me through it. It ended up being an easy fix (turn the water back on), but I had the great pleasure of walking around the rest of the day with a toilet water stained dress and probably a few new nicknames at that. Great first impression Jaime, way to go.



Have you ever had any embarrassing work stories? What do you think some of my new nicknames are?



post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhahahaha girl you just killed me dead. So awful but so glad you shared. Toilet clogger! Glad to hear your co-workers are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing! Haha!!! Sorry you had to experience that on your first day! But at least now youll have a funny story to tell your friends and family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom thing happened to me at my friends bachelorette party this weekend at her parents cabin! At least it was with friends! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahha. terrible stuff like that happens to us all, laugh it off! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! On the first day..sorry girly... I can't even tell you how many embrassing things people have on me around my work.. Good thing is that it is always a great laugh later on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your first day is here! At least you made it memorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that had to happen on your first day. But yeah for your new job, can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete