As I'm laying in bed trying to figure out what to blog about for my post tomorrow, I find myself having countless different topics pop into my head but find them lacking in substance. I'm sorry, readers, that I've been slacking lately. If you have been tuning in, I've been moving, starting a new job, and about to move up to the town I will officially be working in this weekend. It's been a long and crazy week thus far.
Anyway, back to my endless stream of thoughts...I decided to go with one that has been "weighing" on me for approximately two days now. <<--Oh yeah, two days ago I started my job.
Let me start out by re-emphasizing that I LOVE the people I work with, but those girls eat and eat and stay stick thin. I mean, seriously, it's like the food inhales any ounce of fat they have left in their body then disintegrates. Come on now, really?! Meanwhile, I'm feasting on the cupcakes and onion rings left in the back room.
Now, mind you, I don't consider myself fat or even close, but stick an apple next to a pencil and tell me the apple doesn't need to work out a little bit more. What do I do when I'm stuck inside just looking at them while I wipe the cupcake crumbs off my mouth? I'll tell you what....I repeat things I like about my body/myself in my head.
1. Yes, Jaime, MawMaw (grandma) did call you the President of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, but it could be worse. You could have ginormous boobs that make you look bigger than you actually are and are hard to fit into certain pieces of clothing.
2. Those aren't love handles, they are curves. Work those curves. Own those curves.
3. It's okay that you aren't tall, because you're fun-sized. You can always stand in the front row because no one will complain about not being able to see over you.
4. You might have "t-rex" arms, as Chris calls them, but at least you never have to worry about long sleeves not being long enough.
5. According to the new Barbies, you are average. Success.
That's all I've got. What do you tell yourself to make you feel better when you are feeling insecure?
Linking up with Just Because.