As many of you know, Chris and I have been doing the LDR (long distance relationship) thing for the past two years--actually the majority of our relationship.
So...what am I looking forward to doing with my fiancé when I move back to the same town with him this weekend? I'm glad you asked! Here's a list of things that all of you "same towners" can do/should do, that Chris and I will finally be able to do for the first time in two years.
1. Datelivery. I've been wanting to do this for a while and haven't been able to without my date. Basically, Datelivery sends you a package in the mail, for a flat rate, that gives you an entire date night in a box. The themes are different every time.
2. Farmer's market trips. I've been going solo all summer. Chris would never admit it, but he LOVES the farmer's market, like LOVES. Getting to go together might seem trivial to you, but it's so exciting for me.
3. Cooking in the Cottage. Alright, cooking classes make for a great date night AND they help improve my cooking skills (which Chris is extremely appreciative of).
4. Pre-Marital Counseling. This might not apply to many of you, but this is something I am very much looking forward to. Chris is a little weary of the idea of "counseling"; however, I think this will provide more insight into our relationship that we might not have observed otherwise.
5. Jate Nights. What is a "Jate Night?" This is what Chris and I call our junk food and wine Friday nights. We enjoy getting cheese cubes, potato chips, french onion dip, popsicles, wine/beer, and the tv show marathon of the month. You really can't do this with anyone other than your best friend and be content.
These are just five, of many, things that I can't wait to actually be able to do with Chris. Don't take your relationship for granted. Get out and do some things with your significant other...some people can't spend all that time with theirs because of the distance. There...I'm off of my soap box. :)
What date ideas do you have for us? This will be the first time in two years we are in the same town, so please, please, please we will take any advice you have!
Don't forget to enter to win a $100 gift card of your choice.
Linking up with Just Because.