<div align="center"><a href="http://tobystailsblog.blogspot.com" title="Toby's Tails"><img src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NFtWr41cWWo/USz0l98PD7I/AAAAAAAADcM/zNgbosXbbbE/w497-h373/2013-02-26" alt="Toby's Tails" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Long overdue, but here it finally is..an easy, cute coffee mug DIY.
Red fine point oil based sharpie
Black fine point oil based sharpie
Two matching porcelain coffee mugs (Target/TJ Maxx)
Paper, double-sided tape, scissors
1. This is optional, but Lenae and I found it was easier to do this than free-hand. We printed outlines of our respective states, cut them out, and taped them to our mugs.
2. Draw around the paper outline with the black sharpie to create your state outlines. Pull the paper state outline off the mug.
3. Using the red sharpie, draw a heart in the area where you live and where the receiver of the other mug lives.
4. Draw little red or black dots in the form of a line from one heart to the other.
5. Write "Miss" and "You!" on the inside of the mugs.
6. Optional: turn the mugs around and draw the opposite state on the other side of each mug, connecting the dotted lines to the back side of the mug. Now the mugs don't have to be together to get the full effect.
**Note: if you mess up drawing with the sharpie, simply wipe off with nail polish remover.**
7. Put mugs in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Voila! You're done! I would handwash your mugs for the first couple washes just in case the sharpies don't stay.