<div align="center"><a href="http://tobystailsblog.blogspot.com" title="Toby's Tails"><img src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NFtWr41cWWo/USz0l98PD7I/AAAAAAAADcM/zNgbosXbbbE/w497-h373/2013-02-26" alt="Toby's Tails" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Alright ladies! It's our first ever link up party! Grab a button, follow the hosts, link up, and meet some new peeps!
So, Lenae and I were looking at blogs and came across The Kinch Life and her memo board in her office. We decided to make one for Lenae's apartment this weekend. It was the easiest DIY project ever.
1 picture frame-size of your choice
hot glue gun/glue
1. If you buy a frame with a picture already in it...take it out or cut it out depending. Start with an empty frame.
2. Take the hemp string and tie a knot at the end. Use a thumbtack, stick the thumbtack through the knot, and into the side of the frame.
*note that Lenae's frame had a fabric frame inside the wood frame*
3. Lenae didn't want the string to be straight across, so she angled each one. It's up to you how you want your memos to hang. Make sure you push each string and thumbtack in before hot gluing them.
4. Again, before hot gluing them, consider if you would like to put any other items on the string. Lenae found some cute buttons at Joann's Fabrics and some even cuter paper clips. She hooked the paper clips into the buttons and then slid the buttons on the hemp.
5. Hot glue the thumbtacks into the frame to ensure they don't pull out under the weight. If you've added any buttons like Lenae did, hot glue those too. Once the hot glue dries, add the clothespins and your memos.
Voila! You're done! So easy!
What are you're Thursday Thoughts! Link up with Jamie and I every Thursday and write about anything you want while still being able to network with other bloggers. :)